- Supports up to 16 channels of Audio in 1RU and even more IP streams with Multicast or Multiple Unicast\
- Outstanding audio quality with low delay, cascade-resilient Enhanced apt-X
- Many other standards and optional coding options available
- DSP-based architecture for 24/7/365 operation
- Redundant Power Supplies as standard, no single point of failure
- Hot-swappable cards enable uninterrupted audio
- User-configurable suite of audio, link, sync and PSU alarms
- Supports the majority of protocols in compliance with Tech 3326 standard for IP compatibility
- Support for SNMP
- Support VLANs and virtual IP interfaces for flexible network integration
- Network Security features with Firewall capability
- Flexible & modular system that can scale according to your requirements
- Supports up to 4 AoIP modules, each equivalent to a stand-alone stereo duplex codec in a 1U rack space
- SureStream Technology* for ultra-reliable delivery over affordable public IP connections
- Seamless Migration from T1/E1 to IP networks with minimal investment
Broadcast Audio over the Public Internet
SureStream technology is a revolutionary innovation from APT that enables broadcasters to use inexpensive IP links and still maintain professional broadcast-grade audio quality and reliability.
It delivers the audio quality and reliability you expect from a T1/E1 link at a fraction of the associated cost. SureStream also offers the added benefit of «Always-On Redundancy». With SureStream technology, you can save thousands on your audio transport bills and still offer your listeners the highest quality sound.
- Transports up to two stereo audio channels per module
- Deliver up to 24 IP audio streams per module
- 192kHz Sampling supports Digital MPX over AES and fully digital transfer*
- Simplex and duplex operational modes
- Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint operation
- Four Independent Clock Domains per module
- Supports Dynamic DNS for global accessibility by hostname rather than IP address
- Supports UPnP IGD protocol for configuration of UPnP enabled gateways (routers)
- Forwarding of audio or non-audio (such as PAD or HD Exporter data) UDP Streams
- Supports “Diffserv” Quality of Service (QoS) on variable DSCP values
- Support of VLANs and virtual IP interfaces enables multi-network integration for streaming and management
- Performance monitoring on each individual IP stream
- User selectable packet size for each stereo audio channel
- Configurable delay-jitter buffer for each receive IP stream (1 ms to 5000 ms)
- Headphone socket for audio monitoring
- Supports APT’s award winning SureStream*
- Technology for High Quality Audio over Open Internet Links
Audio Over IP Codec Module
The APT AoIP Codec Module offers audio encoding/decoding, IP transport, management and auxiliary data on a single, plug-in module. This enhances the Audio over IP performance of the APT
Multi-Channel Codec System as well as increasing its scalability and flexibility. Fully compatible with the many hundreds of existing units already deployed worldwide, each AoIP card can deliver two independent stereo audio channels on multiple IP streams using multiple unicast or multicast.
The APT AoIP codec module offers the entire range of audio formats and modes meeting the audio industry’s requirements: simplex, duplex, AES/EBU, AES/EBU with analog backup, analog with
HI/LO or 600Ω impedance. The module offers the same broadcast-grade audio for which the Multi-Channel Frame is renowned with support for a wealth of standards such as: Linear PCM 16/24Bit, Enhanced apt-X® 16/24Bit, MPEG1/2 LII, MPEG2 HE-AAC & HE-AACv2, MPEG4 AAC LC/LD/ELD, HE-AACv1/v2 (all available on AoIP).
The APT AoIP Codec Module is also able to support 88kHz of audio bandwidth and scale the sample rate to 192kHz, enabling a digital MPX signal to be sent on an AES stream. The output of the audio codec can therefore be transferred directly to the modulator of the exciter. This 100% digital path eliminates D/A and A/D conversions which may cause degradation of signal quality and could introduce distortion.