The new Eaton 5PX Gen2 UPS provides Enterprise Networks and Edge IT equipment with best-in-class line-interactive power protection maximizing IT space and Service Continuity. Eaton 5PX Gen 2 offers powerful tools to remotely monitor, integrate with IT architecture and remotely deploy / maintain large installed base of UPSs.
Performance and efficiency
- With unity power factor output (W=VA), Eaton 5PX Gen 2 provides 11% more power than other UPS in its class, protecting more servers with a single unit.
- Energy Star 2.0 certified, 5PX Gen 2 offers best-in-class efficiency performance to reduce energy consumption and cooling costs.
- When operating in battery mode the 5PX provides a high-quality output signal for any sensitive equipment connected, such as active PFC (power factor corrected) servers.
- Each 5PX Gen 2 battery configuration provides the best size/runtime ratio.
Management and Cybersecurity
- Innovative graphical LCD display brings all operating information at a glance. It also enhances commissioning and configuration capabilities.
- 5PX Gen 2 is compatible with Eaton’s Gigabit network management card, which provides Dual cybersecurity certifications (UL 2900-1 & IEC 62443-4-2) and enables connection to remote monitoring solutions safely.
- Together with 5PX Gen 2, Eaton Gigabit network management card allows both remote UPS settings and remote firmware upgrade to ensure easy deployment (fleet management) and reduced maintenance cost.
- 5PX Gen 2 monitors energy consumption right down to the managed outlet groups. kWh values can be monitored using the LCD or Eaton’s Intelligent Power Software.
- Eaton’s Intelligent Power Software seamlessly integrates with leading virtualisation environments and cloud orchestration tools.
Availability and flexibility
- 5PX Gen 2 2200VA & 3000VA are available in RT2U format (optimised for rack mounting) or RT3U (for tower or short-depth racks). Pedestal and rail kits are included with all models.
- 5PX Gen 2 Load segment control enables prioritised shutdowns of non-essential equipment to maximise battery runtime for critical devices (2 groups).
- Eaton ABM® battery management technology uses a threestage charging technique that optimises battery health and extends lifetime by up to 50%.
- Up to 4 external hot-swappable battery modules can be added for longer power availability.
Advanced protection for:
- Storage devices