The Forum IP Split console consists of a control surface (available in tabletop or counter sunk design as shown above), and 3RU mixing engine connected via a single ethernet cable. The control surface consists of 1 x master module and blocks of 4 faders per fader module. 12 or 16 faders have the option to be fitted into an optional tabletop chassis.
All control elements are available using the surface, which are completely replicated via the remote management software via PC. Audio, GPIO and relays are managed in the engine.
The Forum IP Split offers 4-20 freely assignable faders with LED displays, 5 physical routing keys and processing indicators. The monitoring section supports dual zone selectable monitoring (to separate presenter and guest headphone feeds) and includes dual VU and 20 programmable keys to be used for console snapshots, audio routing, remote control of external equipment and more. Snapshot keys allow the faders to support multiple configurations by capturing complete console settings including inputs, routing, processing, outputs and monitoring selections.
The design of the Forum IP is flexible and allows the console to grow and change with the needs of the station. The chassis can support a variety of fader designs and the motherboard can support a range of input/outputs as shown below. The Forum IP supports up to 32 mixing buses, in addition to direct input/output routing.
The Forum IP console supports the following audio processing-
- ± 12 d B gain control (analogue/digital I/O)
- Gain control – microphone inputs: from 19 to 74dB
- Balance control
- Phase reverse
- 3 band equalizer
- High pass and low pass filter
- Compressor and limiter
- Noise gate
Inputs and Outputs
The 14 slots in the motherboard can be arranged as desired with the following-
- 64 local channels
- 9 MIC/LINE channels with phantom power (switchable to additional mono line inputs)
- USB digital stereo inputs and outputs
- AES/EBU stereo inputs and outputs (switchable to SPDIF)
- Analogue inputs and outputs
- Two fully integrated POTs telephone hybrids
- Up to 64 linked channels
- Dante AOIP (AES 67 compatible)
- 12 additional analogue outputs for monitoring (Cue, speakers and headphones)
- Gigabit control and monitoring Ethernet port
- 8 opto-coupled GPI’s, 8 opto-coupled GPO’s and 4 GPO’s with relay
The Forum IP Split is a build it yourself console. You can specify the capacity required from the selection of modules listed above. You can add modules at a later date by simply removing the blanking plate and sliding the new module in.
- FORUM SCREEN: Software designed for Touch-screen operation on Windows or iOS to simplifies the control and operation of the console´s different functions: The main screen presents the Vu/peak-meters, clock and ON AIR indicators If you click on a channel selection key, you are provided with quick access to the screens for control and configuration of the audio processing parameters
VIRTUAL FORUM: Replicates all details of the control surface and all the operational features. Used as a remote control, the application provides the user with total control of all the features and functions of the mixing console – including the remote representation of the VU meters. Useful for technical support, Outside Broadcast and to enable access for disabled presenters.
- Dual line digital telephone hybrid
- Backup power supply
- Virtual Forum software – complete remote control software
- Faders modules – allows you to config the console to meet current and future requirements
- Madi module – bi-directional fibre-optic connection for 64 digital audio channels
- Micro/line input module
- Analogue input and output modules
- Digital input/output module
- USB digital input/output module
- Digital telephone hybrid module
- FR14 card for AoIP compatibility
Contact Us today to design your dream console.