ATRIUM is AEQ’s 3rd generation of high channel count On-Air and Production digital audio mixing consoles. ATRIUM is specifically designed to adapt to the most demanding and workflow intensive broadcast environments.
The control surface is completely independent from the Core (Engine). It offers up to 96 motorized faders with up to 8 pages for each fader. It is possible to operate up to 6 Control Surfaces from one Core. This Core can be installed in any part of the LAN.
ATRIUM supports multi-studio mode. The same control surface can be used for several Studios. Switch the control between studios by simply pressing a key. It also supports multi-control mode: all or part of a console control functions can be managed in parallel or separately, in order to be used by producers or presenters during the production of complex programs.
It has a modular core with redundant controller and power supplies and can handle up to 1024 x 1024 Audio Channels. Audio Input and Output boards for Microphones, Headphones, Analogue, Digital AES/EBU and USB signals, Multichannel AoIP Dante / AES67 / SMPTE ST2110-30, MADI Links, AEQ
High-speed 1024 Channel Links among others current formats.
The number of internal sum-buses, output sum-buses is configurable according to the needs. AUTOMIX and AUTO-GAIN can be applied to any of the signals.
CONFERENCE MODE provides the ability to create talkback to and between several different channels before routing them to “ON-AIR”.
Edit Channel or Signal names temporarily or permanently, on large sized, full colour touch-screens and a very intuitive software.
All modules of the control surface can be powered through PoE+, redundant if desired.
The system includes a set of alarms that can be programmed to trigger actions. These actions can be executed through the numerous GPIO’s and unlimited Virtual GPIO’s that the console is capable of handling.
Time synch via NTP. Console synchronization can be extracted from WORDCLOCK, AES11/MADI, AES 67, DANTE and RAVENNA clocks, including PTPv1(2002) and PTPv2 (2008. IEEE 1588).
Once the console has been set-up and configured, computers are not required to operate. The Set-up and configuration Software is the most intuitive and easy to use on the market. It is also possible to configure the console through the control surface as required.
- Each Fader module includes 6 Fader channels. A maximum of 16 Fader modules can be installed for each console, thus, a maximum of 96 Fader channels can be available.
- Each module can handle 8 pages or configuration layers. This makes a total of 768 channels that can be controlled through Faders. It is also possible to create direct routings where specific fader channel control is unnecessary.
- All the keys of the console’s control surface are programmable. As part of this configuration, their background colour can be defined, choosing between 7 different and 2 levels of brightness. Available colours are: red, green, blue, cyan, yellow, purple and white. SELECT and ON keys are preassigned for channel selection functions and main routing activation, respectively.
- By default, each channel has a pre-assigned encoder to handle the signal’s gain control, another one for the balance/- panorama, a channel SELECT key, a channel ON and a channel
OFF key. There are also 5 programmable keys and a channel fader. All the keys in the control surface can be re-programmed for different functions. Fader cursor buttons are touch-sensitive, so context information about the channel can be displayed on the screens by just touching the corresponding fader cursor.
- Each channel also has a Vu-meter with a scale ranging from -12dB to +12 dB, as well as 4 indicators showing whether the present signal is unbalanced, equalisation or dynamics are active and whether the channel’s predefined nominal Gain has been modified.
- Faders can be configurable so nominal gain is set at 80% of the fader travel, or full throw, i.e. nominal gain corresponds to 100% of total travel.
- ON and OFF keys can be programmed to activate/deactivate each channel fader signal, or alternatively only the ON button can be used.
- Channel ON key can be programmed to be automatically activated by opening the fader and/or turned OFF when fader is returned to the beginning of travel.
- Fader channels can also be programmed to operate without the ON and OFF keys, using only the fader.
- Optionally, a 10,1” colour, multi-touch TFT display can be associated to each fader module, or servicing several fader modules.
- Built in XLR Microphone input, ¼” Jack Stereo Headphone Output and CUE/PFL Speaker. USB interface.
- 3 pre-assigned Stereo Vu-meters for PROGRAM, AUDITION and CUE. The Vu-meters provide precise reading of values from -34dB to +20dB based upon the nominal level setting.
- 24 programmable keys on 16 different pages or layers providing a total of 384 programmable keys. Activation modes: ON, OFF, FLASHING and HOLD. As part of this programming, 7 different colours with two bright-ness levels can be chosen for each key.
- A 10,1” Colour, multi-touch TFT display is also part of the control module and is also where the majority of the control surface options can be configured and accessed. Further, the display of the Control Module is also the support to any of the installed fader modules and when the optional, Fader associated TFT displays have not been installed.
- Software application with intuitive menus and different access levels depending on user credentials.
- Control and Studio areas. Each area has 5 monitoring keys that can be configured to operate as exclusive or single source monitoring. Alternatively, these keys can be configured as a sum-bus, to monitor multiple sources. Pre-configured signals are assigned to these keys and they can be changed at any moment.
- Level adjustment for Control and Studio monitors as well as for control and studio primary & secondary headphones. Primary and secondary headphones can operate in CLEANFEED mode, i.e. monitoring all signals present except own signal.
- 4 specific coordination talkback keys. Additional keys can be programmed in order to increase the number of destinations.
- Talkback and self-control microphone and CUE speaker level adjustments. RESET CUE key.
- TOUCH & TURN encoder for the precise adjustment of parameters on the 10,1”TFT Display.
- Studio switching can be programmed on a programmable key.
- The functionality of the control module can be customized for producers, adding intercom destinations, or for presenters, adding ON AIR indicator.
Remote Control Software
VIRTUAL ATRIUM is a Windows and iOS compatible application. The APP faithfully reproduces every detail of the control surface, as well as all the operating features of switches, rotary encoders, displays and faders. All functionality of the physical control surface is available in this software application. It can run alongside the console or completely replace the control surface, temporarily or permanently, locally or remotely. With this application installed on your iPad, you can assist the operator remotely or make adjustments when the operation is unmanned, for example during weekends.
Broadcast audio mixing, processing and distribution matrix. When specifically configured, it can work as the audio engine of an ATRIUM console or set of consoles. It can also operate as a general purpose audio matrix, intercom matrix or a combination of both.
When operating as an ATRIUM system, it can handle up to 1024 audio inputs and outputs. It is completely modular and provides redundancy at all levels of the system. Inputs and outputs are provided through specific Audio interface cards that can be installed in the required quantities: AES/EBU, S/PDIF or USB, analogue line, microphone and headphones, dark-fibre long-range 64-channel MADI links and proprietary fibre optic links with more than 1000 channels, among others.
When using 64 channels Dante AoIP (or 128 channels Ravenna AoIP) input/output cards, signals can be exchanged using IP with other Dante™-AES67 (and Ravenna-AEQ67) compatible equipment. An X_CORE frame can accommodate as many Dante AoIP cards as required, and they can be connected to one or several Gigabit Ethernet networks. It can also ingest and export audio streams in SMPTE ST 2110-30 format, that go along with IP video signals.
Finally, using SDI cards up to 2×16 audio channels per card can be exchanged, with two SDI video interfaces up to 3Gb bit rate, extracting and inserting the embedded audio signals associated to each SDI video streams.
X_CORE is based on a 4 RU height standard rackmounted chassis with three important parts:
- There are 20 slots reserved for DSP cards at the front of the chassis. These cards perform audio processing and communications crosspoints. This is done dynamically, allowing for the installation of backup cards, that in the event of a DSP card failure are able to automatically assume the function for any of the cards.
- There are two kinds of slots at the back of the unit. Two of them are reserved for the controller cards. One is of course required but a second one can be installed for redundancy. Further, there are 21 slots dedicated to I/O interface cards for the different required audio formats.
- A back-panel is located in the middle of the Chassis and is the point of connection for the I/O Boards and the DSP’s and also provides the transmission media for the system’s 1024-channel TDM bus.
Download the specification sheet and learn more here – AEQ_Atrium_Catalogue.