Coast FM approached Broadcast Components looking to upgrade their transmission equipment and tidy up their studio.
Coast FM is a community radio station in Wynyard with 3 transmitters across the North West of Tasmania. Broadcast Components was pleased to work with Chairman & Station Technician, Brian Shearston to design and quote for CBF grants to replace ageing equipment in their network. The major projects were to replace an audio processor, two transmitters and to create an IP STL to allow bidirectional communication and monitoring of the primary transmitter site.
Coast FM’s grant applications were successful and Broadcast Components was able to supply them with the following equipment over the course of a year:
- BW Broadcast TX1500 Transmitter
- BW Broadcast TX300 Transmitter
- BW Broadcast DSPXmini Encore audio processor
- AEQ Phoenix Mercury duplex codec’s with rack kit
- Rode Procaster bundles, which include Procaster microphone with shock mount, arm and wind sock.
- OVO8P active speakers
- Ubiquiti PBE-M5-400 5GHz link
- Sennheiser HMD280 Broadcast Headsets pre-terminated
- Three 6RU Racks for their studio
- One 45RU rack for their transmission equipment
- Stereo Switcher Mark II
- 24 Port Patch Panel
- Cable management solution for racks
The supporting equipment including the three input studio switcher, microphones, speakers and broadcast racks have improved the cabling, audio flow and functional layout of the on air environment.
If you would like to speak with us about a studio, transmission or OB project contact us today.