In line with the market’s transition to offer both hardware and virtualized solutions, the famous APT IP Codec is now available as a software solution – the Virtual APT IP Codec.
This shift to virtualization is strategic in reducing the amount of equipment to purchase, thereby offering important upfront and operational cost savings to broadcasters.
As its hardware sibling, deployed on thousands of sites worldwide, the Virtual APT IP Codec is a cutting-edge, professional transport solution geared up with unique, market-leading technologies.
t supports APTmpX, the highest quality MPX compression algorithm, and SureStream, for robust, low cost, and low latency transport over IP.
The Virtual APT IP Codec is also enhanced by Virtual ScriptEasy for advanced automation, and Kybio, for end to end monitoring and control of the codec fleet.
Server-based, and fed by AES67, the Virtual APT IP Codec solution offers high availability and high-density encoding/decoding for next generation broadcast performances. Broadcasters can easily centralize and transport a large volume of program signals and scale the solution as they grow.
- High Availability, Optimized IP Transport
- Benefits from the same performances as the field-proven APT hardware solutions with thousands of users worldwide. Designed with the highest reliability, 24/7 operation, and compliant with a High Availability (HA) architecture. Compatible with SureStream to compensate any packet loss, and Time Alignment to remove latency fluctuations.
- Pristine Audio Quality & Performance
- Using AES67, the Virtual APT IP Codec can be integrated into virtualized studios and ingest audio or MPX content transparently. Highest signal fidelity and lowest coding delay, established from the beginning with Enhanced aptX, are transferred to composite/MPX transmissions with the new APTmpX algorithm.
- Maximize your Cost Savings
- Get rid of hardware with high-density encoding/decoding from a single server. Broadcasters benefit from a flexible and scalable solution and can re-adjust their network size as needed. SureStream, Enhanced aptX, and APTmpX for low bitrate composite/MPX transmissions also contribute to high-quality distribution outside of expensive transmission paths.
Contact us today for for information, a quote or to discuss your codec needs.