THE GRANTS FALL INTO THREE MAJOR CATEGORIES
Development & Operations grants aim to support community media station resilience by strengthening governance, building community, sustainable operations and technical capacity.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how the proposed activities address one or more of the areas listed below:
- Governance‚ strategic planning, technology planning, developing open and transparent governance policies and procedures, recruiting and maintaining a governance team with diverse skills and experiences
- Sustainable operations‚ improving the financial sustainability, and/or reducing the environmental impact of community media
- Building community‚ engaging the diverse members of your community.
Content grants support the development, production and distribution of content via Australian community media.
This year CBF are particularly looking to:
- Increase community participation and diversity in community broadcasting and/or
- Support creativity and excellence in content production.
Specialist Radio Programming
Stations producing content that meets the needs of particular communities may be eligible for dedicated Specialist Radio Programming Content grants. This funding is intended to encourage stations to incorporate:
- RPH programs to serve people with a print disability
- Ethnic programs to serve a defined local ethnic community
- Indigenous programs.
The CBF FAQ page is a great resource.
Quick Response Grants may also be available when regular grant rounds are closed.